June 1, 2011

ABC Recipe Swap: Kid Favorites

I'm a little late getting this one up...but for once, I am heavy in projects needing to post.  Seriously...how did that happen?

Anyways, onto my kid favorites.  I was tasked with coming up with recipes for "H" and "U."  Both of the letters proved to be a little difficult, I mean, how many actual foods that a kid is willing to eat starts with either of those letters? 

Up first is "H."  Homemade Cracker Jacks!  This is such a nostalgia food from my childhood.  I even remember back in the day when they gave you more than a sticker or temporary tattoo.  This recipe turned out remarkable!  Super easy and I don't have a candy thermometer, I just assumed my coating was done after it reached a rolling boil for 3-4 minutes.


For letter "U," this was also another nostalgia item from my childhood.  I LOVE homemade applesauce.  My grandmother ruined me for store bought.  I seriously cannot bring myself to eat it.  It's super easy to make applesauce and that's what I do now.  I use a sweeter apple, so I don't have to add any sugar and it tastes great.  


If you want to take a look at all my other recipe swap entries, check out the links below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...