January 13, 2011

Cute Gathered Clutch

I saw this cute tutorial over at Noodlehead and decided I had to make one.  Now, I will admit I did not follow the tutorial, just looked at the photo and said, I could do that!  Now, I know I am horrible about following directions and I personally learn more when I make mistakes.  I understand that does not work for everyone so please follow the tutorial found here


See, super cute!  The clutch is 8.5 x 5.5 inches, with a zipper closure and a divided pocket on the inside.


The magenta colored fabric is "Flora and Fauna Dandelions," in Fuchsia by Michael Miller. 


The black and off white fabric used for the lining is "April in Paris Stripes," by Timeless Treasures.  For the pocket and stripe on the front, I just used a plain turquoise fabric.


I love bright colors and love how this came together.  Too bad I will be giving it away.  My cousin posted this on Facebook and I signed up to be one of her 5 so I posted it too, "Pay it Forward in 2011: I promise to send something handmade to the first 5 people who leave a comment here. They must in turn post this and send something they make to the first 5 people who comment on their status.  The rules are that it must be handmade by you and it must be sent... to your 5 people sometime in 2011."  So this will be going to one of those lucky 5 friends! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

You Might Also Like

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...